The best part was when everyone was singing “I’m Proud to Be an American” as red, white and blue fireworks were exploding over the river. It sounded like all 400,000 people were singing.
It’s cleanliness, according to a survey of 1,000 people released by the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies in 2011. A whopping 43% chose that, meaning that a dirty bathroom, dust and maybe bedbugs are more pressing concerns than price (23%) and location (19%). The survey was conducted by CARAVAN ORC International, an independent public opinion and market research firm, this month.
I am surprised that security (11%) ranked so low. As a female who often travels alone, that’s really important to me. The other 6% of participants didn’t choose any of the options or didn’t care, meaning that some may rank free Wi-Fi or breakfast No. 1 (as I suspect some Hotel Check-In readers would do).
Med students. General contractors. Architects. Traveling businessmen and entrepreneurs. Home transitions. Healthcare professionals.
These folks often find themselves traveling often and in need of cheap extended stay hotels in various cities across the USA such as Macon, GA. Luckily, there are several options to choose from. The following list is arranged by most affordable rate to least affordable rate scheduled for a week-long stay from Sept 1, 2013 to Sept 8, 2013.
- Value Place Macon North Extended Stay Hotel and Value Place Macon West Extended Stay Hotel – At Value Place West on Harrison Road, you will pay $159 for the week. At the Value Place on Bowman Road (Macon North), you will pay $179. One interesting observation about the Value Place websites is that they automatically schedule the booking for one week. This is indicative of an establishment that truly wants extended stay travelers only. All other “extended stay” websites automatically schedule for a single night, just like a traditional hotel.
- Extended Stay America – At $43.99 for one night (which is a great nightly rate), you will pay $308 for the week.
- Intown Suites – A very appealing rate of $159 per week! Take a look at the TripAdvisor reviews – 1 out of 5 stars with two terrible reviews.
- Candlewood Suites – At $82 per night, you will pay $574 for the week. Yikes. You could stay at Value Place West Macon for over three and a half weeks for the same price.
- Residence Inn – At 109 per night, you will pay $763 for the week. But with this property you pay for the Marriott brand name.
So there you have it. A VERY brief comparison of cheap extended stay hotels in Macon, GA by rate. Which one will you choose?
Value Place Extended Stay Hotels are now hiring for multiple positions all across the country. Click the links to see the full job description and compensation. The open positions are as follows:
Safety Attendant – This team member is given a place to live on-site at one of our Value Place Hotel locations. They are required to be able to respond to all safety concerns at all times. Click here for more information.
Property Attendant – This team member is an expert in professional maintenance and repairman-ship. They are a Mr(s). Fix-It and Jack-of-All-Trades. Click here for more information.
Guest Attendant – This team member is a skilled salesman and a genuinely kind person. (S)He loves to smile and help people solve problems. Click here for more information.
Studio Attendant – This team member is organized and loves to be clean. They have an eye for improvement and are quick but thorough in all they do. Click here for more information.
These positions are open in the following geographic areas:
- Johnson City, TN 423-283-0365
- Champaign, IL 217-359-5499
- Evansville, IN 812-853-0900
- Elgin, SC 803-699-1413
- Lexington, SC 803-356-1303
- Greenville, SC 864-277-5500
- Simpsonville, SC 864-962-9500
- Duncan, SC 864-486-9998
- Macon, GA 478-477-0949 or 478-477-8347
If you are looking for a job in one of these areas and you are interested in one of the positions listed above, PLEASE APPLY. Don’t hesitate to call the property directly if you have any questions. Thank you!
Just released – a new promotional coupon for $10 laundry credit at any of the following Value Place Extended Stay Hotels. Click for the link to the coupon:
Johnson City, TN:
Macon North, GA:
Macon West, GA
Below I will outline the key to finding the cheapest solution for your next traveling excursion. As we all know, finding a hotel is not the problem; they’re EVERYWHERE. The problem is finding a hotel within our budget at the location to which we are traveling. But many people are limited in their thinking of what a possible accommodation solution may be. This leads me to the key in finding the cheapest hotel in the area you are traveling to:
Paradigm shift – Hold off on the thinking that you and your traveling company need a traditional hotel. There are many other options to consider such as
- Hostels and Guesthouses
- A friend’s house
- A stranger’s house
- Overnight bus and train trips
Suddenly, you no longer need to spend $130 for the night. Your friend’s house is FREE. Camping is, at most, $20 (pack a tent). Look up who of your Facebook friends (using Facebook’s Graph search) lives close by the area to where you are traveling. Look up on Craigslist places where kind people are offering their spare bed or couch to thru-travelers [PLEASE EXERCISE CAUTION AND DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST]. Hostels are an option if you don’t mind sharing the room with other guests (often students). There are multiple bunk-beds in each room. The price is a third of that of a hotel.
Finally, for the travelers looking for the best of both worlds: infinitesimal price and hotel-quality, check out Value Place Extended Stay Hotels. The price ends up around $28/night (average) when you stay for a whole week. Split the room with three friends and you are paying close to $10/night! All utilities are included, cable TV, linens AND you have in-unit FULL kitchen. Save more money cooking dinner at home instead of throwing your money out the window at an expensive restaurant.
Just wanted to make sure you were considering all your options in finding the cheapest hotel available. Remember, the key to finding the cheap hotels starts with a paradigm shift.
Another great article on Budget Accommodation: http://www.ytravelblog.com/how-to-find-budget-accommodation/
Whether you are a parent driving your new Freshman student to college many hours away or a student looking for off-campus housing for the school year, finding an affordable place to stay can be a challenge. Everyone else is trying to do the same thing at the same time. If you didn’t book months in advance, finding an open hotel room or apartment can be a near impossible feat.
But here’s some news: a lot of people don’t think to stay at an extended stay hotel. But the fact is, according to HR Magazine, extended stay hotels are a growing segment in the travel accommodation industry. CCIM says that extended stay hotels are intended for stays lasting 4 nights to 4 months+. The extended stay business model relies on both higher occupancy for longer periods of time which cuts down on overhead and also simple, basic amenities so that the price is significantly reduced for guests. For example, a traditional hotel will cost anywhere from $65 to $120 for the night while an extended stay hotel will cost $28 dollars for the night. But you have to stay for four nights. See how it works?
So for the parents or students looking for an extended stay at one of the following universities or colleges, look up Value Place Extended Stay Hotels – the best in the market – known for shocking affordability and brilliant cleanliness:
- East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN – Value Place Johnson City
- Milligan College – Value Place Johnson City
- Central Georgia Technical College – Value Place Macon West
- Mercer University – Value Place Macon North
- Middle Georgia State College – Value Place Macon West (right across the highway!)
- Wesleyan College – Value Place Macon North
- University of South Carolina (5 minutes away) – Value Place Greenville
- South Carolina College – Value Place Elgin
- South Carolina State College – Value Place Elgin
- Winthrop College – Value Place Elgin
- University of Evansville – Value Place Evansville
- Oakland City University – Value Place Evansville
- University of Southern Indiana – Value Place Evansville
- University of Illinois – Value Place Champaign